With any new HubSpot product release, there’s a lot to learn, and Operations Hub is no exception. On 6th and 12th May 2021, HubSpot ran two webinars to deep dive into Operations Hub and the principle of RevOps: How to run with Operations Hub, and How HubSpot scaled their GTM with automation.
Before reading on, if you want to learn more about Operations Hub and why it’s such an exciting new product release, you can read our blog post. If you didn’t get a chance to watch the webinars, or if you want to recap on what you learned, here are our 5 key takeaways.
- Build a RevOps map to reduce friction in the customer experience
If you’re just getting started with RevOps, creating a customer experience map can help you reduce friction. Begin by mapping out the process in which someone finds your company, and identify the pain points that are the hardest parts about working with your company from a customer perspective. Turn your attention internally, and look at the mundane everyday actions that slow your team down that you can eliminate.
Take all those pressure points and break them down into how easy they are to solve and how much value they add to the organisation. Work backwards, tick them off the list and you’ll minimise the friction in your existing journey. You can then build new processes with minimal existing friction.
- Operations Hub now makes your CRM platform holistic
Operations Hub enables you to leverage HubSpot as your one core system across your entire company. You can manage and control data that exists in your HubSpot platform already, and data that exists in your other disparate systems.
Your teams need a system that’s going to make everyone’s lives easier whether that’s marketing, sales, service, operations or finance. With operations now a part of your CRM, you can integrate, automate, report and scale. Until now, you haven’t been able to do all of this in one place.
- Be thoughtful and well-considered in how you introduce Operations Hub
There’s so much opportunity with RevOps and Operations Hub that it’s easy to become overwhelmed or overexcited. HubSpot asks you to be careful with how you introduce change across your organisation.
Your operations team and data is the glue to your business. When implementing new processes and controlling data, you must be thoughtful with how you evolve your ops, strategy and data so you don’t break anything.
There must be decision making and understanding to make sure you’re making the right changes for the right reasons. Trying to string all the opportunities together is challenging, but rewarding, and will happen over time.
- There are 3 elements to your ability to scale: Strategy, structure, automation
- Strategy - Having a clearly articulated strategy helps you make decisions and move quickly because you know where you’re going. Strategy is a choice that helps you make better choices and take a holistic approach for your customers and company.
- Structure - RevOps helps you to build a structure capable of supporting that strategy. Before RevOps, teams were operating in silos to optimise their own experience but not the experience as a whole. RevOps runs horizontally along all of your functions, making sure everyone is working from the same strategy.
- Automation - Automation truly adds value for customers. It helps you remove mundane everyday tasks in your team’s workflow so you can spend more time on value-adding interactions with your customers. The more you can automate, the more you can innovate with the same set of resources.
- There are two different approaches to automation you should consider
- Reactive automation
Reactive automation listens to what prospective customers have to say on your website. Your response has to be quick and relevant which can be done through a chatbot on your website.
Sometimes chatbots don’t always provide the answer the user is looking for and they would prefer to speak to a human. To help the user move through the journey efficiently, you should group prospects into high and low intent. Those visiting your homepage are low intent and want to receive educational content - at this level, it’s more efficient to engage with a chatbot for general queries.
- Proactive automation
For users that are high intent, proactive automation is needed. Proactive automation uses data to identify who you should reach out to and in which segments. You should lean into chats and calls more for this method.
Use tracking to find out where the user is from, how you get their number, and constantly ask questions to find out how you can serve those customers with more delight.
What is the challenge that drives the need for RevOps and Operations Hub?
RevOps and Operations Hub ultimately help your business scale with power. HubSpot defines scaling as business growth that is faster than investment growth. HubSpot described 3 core challenges that companies face when scaling:
- Customer experience - company operations teams are siloed
- Speed - hard to innovate and remain efficient
- Efficiency - scaling means breaking linear growth
Operations teams are tasked with solving these challenges but they’re often overwhelmed and aren’t equipped to take them on. RevOps is the answer. You’re likely already doing RevOps in some way, you just don’t realise it. But think of what you could have if you had more helping hands, a system and infrastructure to help you launch the type of campaigns you really want to.
Operations Hub is the system that unifies all of your processes and data across your HubSpot platform and other applications. It aligns all of your teams including marketing, sales, service and operations, so you’re all working from one, centralised system.
Want to know even more?
bolt’s certified status as a HubSpot Platinum Partner means we know how to help you get the most value from your HubSpot platform. We can help you learn more about Operations Hub and how it can empower your ops team. Click to book a meeting with us to discuss how Operations Hub can help your business grow better.
Want to know more on this topic?
We love hearing from you, if you want to know more please complete the form below.